MakeupWorld: The Face Shop Clean Face skin care review

Annyeong.. Hi, peeps!

Ahh....I’m so tired~

It’s been a VERY hectic month. VERY! I have been sleeping for, like 2 hours per day on average, for this WHOLE month. And my eyes right now is really panda-like (which makes me really sad..and grumpy)

I know that I’m always updating MusicUtopia lately. That’s because updating MU (not Manchester United, mind you) takes very little time, and I can write through one in less than 30 minutes. However, not everybody is into K-POP, and my favourites will not always be the same as yours. Therefore, today I will be talking about my current favourite skincare line.
For starter, my face is SUPER DUPER OILY, and living in hot humid climate in Malaysia doesn’t make it any better. My face starting to get oily in less than an hour after cleansing, so it’s really hard for me to find makeup and whatnot for my face. In my Face Shop haul, I told you guys about these babies.

From left: Acne Solution Foam Cleansing, Mild Lotion and Oil-Free Control Essence


They are Clean Face skin care line from The Face Shop. And oh, I bought Clean Face Mild Toner which is not in the picture several weeks after my Face Shop haul.

There are like 10 things in Clean Face line, from cleanser to sun block and whatever, but since I was broke (and still broke) so I can’t afford all of them, so I satisfied myself with just 4 of them which are the cleanser, toner, lotion a.k.a moisturizer, and an essence. After several months using them, so now I’m ready with some reviews. Read on~

Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing

Packaging: Basic tube, easy to squeeze
Texture: White and creamy. Softly lathered into foams (YAY FOR BUBBLES!!) and has a faint green tea smell.

This is my current favorite cleanser. It is very soft and creamy and it can easily strips off oils, dirt and some makeup (not some eyeliners, though). My face felt squeaky clean after cleansing, which is hard to accomplish since my skin is SUPER OILY.

However, I wouldn't recommend this for combo skin since my face felt really, really tight after cleansing. And sometimes, when it is rainy (you guys should know that Malaysia has only two seasons; SUPER hot and SUPER rainy), my skin would be flaky, which has never happened before. So, I would wear a lot of moisturizer to counter the flakiness. (Aloe gel is a good substitute for moisturizers).

Price: RM 36.90 (I bought them all in a sale promotion. Check out the price after sale here)
Final score: 4/5
Would I repurchase? Probably. I never find such a great cleanser for my skin. However, I might switch if I found a cleanser with the same power for less price (who knows?)

Clean face Mild Toner

                Packaging: A cute bottle, you have to shake the content out
                Texture: Clear water, smelt like green tea

For starter, I think this toner is quite average for the price. It’s not that it is not good, but it is quite pricey for a toner and it is not my favourite toner ever. And I do so hate the packaging as it is hard to shake the content out, and shaking hard will make the precious content spill (NOO!!).

The good side is you can double this up as gentle eye makeup remover, which I usually did. It can remove simple makeup (not waterproof eyeliner, of course) which I usually did.

Price: RM 39.90
Final score: 2/5
Would I repurchase? No. Seriously I don’t since there are better toner for a cheaper price *cough*Simple*cough*

Clean Face Mild Lotion

                Packaging: Another cute bottle, same as the toner
                Texture: Creamy and white solution smelt like green tea. And it’s cold for some reason.

This is the moisturizer for the Clean Face line. I like this moisturizer for one reason, it can relief the tight feeling after cleansing with the Acne Solution Foam Cleansing. I really hate the tightness, it is painful especially if you have a new pimple (but due to the tea tree extract, pimple fades away really quickly).

However, since one of the ingredients is Mineral Oil, my skin will feel oily after application. And that is bad considering my face is already very oily. I usually combat this greasy feeling by wiping my face with a tissue after several minutes or by applying the Oil-Free Control Essence (which will be talked about later)

Price: RM 39.90
Final score: 2.5/5
Would I repurchase? I don’t think so. I should search for a non-oily moisturizer. Anyone knows a good one?

Oil-Free Control Essence

                Packaging: Small cute bottle with a pump. It also has a cute cover for the pump.
                Texture: Creamy white with green tea smell. It is easily absorbed by skin.

This is my favorite thing in this skin care line. It is small and cute; you can easily bring it in your bag. I usually use this compared to Mild Lotion since it can also moisturizes, but it is not greasy like the lotion. Yay for that! It leaves my skin clean and soft, perfect for makeup time.
The downside is probably it is a bit pricey for a small bottle. I used it sparingly to conserve it (don’t really want this baby to run out by the time I’m broke).

Price: RM 39.90
Final score: 4.5/5
Would I repurchase? Yes, if I have the money *sigh*


So that’s it peeps for my current skin care. Final verdict; these guys really helps in combating oiliness on my face, so I recommended them for you peeps who have super oily skin such as myself. Also, I do make some DIY masks at home using several ingredients that you can easily find in local supermarket to reduce the oily skin. Next update maybe^^

1 comments:

  Qistina

August 16, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Nice write-up. I love k-beauty and Face Shop is one of my fav.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...