MusicUtopia: Nine Muses - Gun

Annyeong..

*cleans off dust on the blog*

Before I forget, Happy Aidiladha everyone!

I’m sorry guys for being missing for a while. I’ve been SUPER BUSY with all my classes and whatnot, so I don’t have time to search for interesting facts for you guys. I’m having a mid-semester break right now (in conjunction with Aidiladha holiday), so here I am, updating my blog back.


This week MusicUtopia is the hitting a boy like a boss edition with Nine Muses ‘Gun’.

Overview
Nine Muses is back! IMO, Nine Muses is a very underrated girl group, and that’s make me sad since I liked them so much. They have the best songs, very catchy and easily followed even for a non-Korean speaker like me. However, as they are a nine-member group, people has classified them as the ‘second Girl Generation’, making them ‘second-class’ and ‘a group trying to copy Girl Generation’. And Nine Muses has an anti group even before they debuted (mostly made up of SONEs, Girl Generation fanclub). For me, it is not fair to hate a group just because of the same number of members. Nine Muses brings a different music compared to Girl Generation, so it is not fair to say that 9M is trying to copy GG.

I liked most of 9M songs, especially Ticket (and No Playboy, eventhough that song received so much negative comments). I think they have the catchiest songs, and 9M is one of the groups that I don’t really mind being sexy since most of them are a bit older, so they fit to be sexy, not some underage girl with super short skirts prancing around. I usually hates idols (usually underage) to be sexy, I think being cute is better while they are still young. The only groups that I don’t mind being sexy are 9M and Brown Eyed Girl, since they are older, and being sexy for them means more than just wearing a super short miniskirt. I watched BEG promotions on Kill Bill, and I think they looked really great and sexy, eventhough they are wearing a long pants and a long sleeve blouse.

Songs&Videos
One word for this song, AWESOME!! I liked it the first time I heard it, and I still loved Gun. (Yay for my new ringtone!) This song is catchy, and I really liked the trumpet sounds. It provided the retro feel  to this song. The chorus makes a great repetitive, and hearing them will make you want to sing along, eventhough you don’t know what the heck they’re saying. (manjijak,manjijak~~)

The song is about a girl, who sensed a boy liked her, and she was telling him to be a gentleman and just tell her. So here’s a chance, grab it or just forget it. I really liked the meaning of this song. Sometimes it is embarrassing for a girl to confess a love. And sometimes the girl somehow sensed that a guy is actually liked her, so she pretends to know nothing, hoping that the guy finally gather up some courage to tell her so.
I was a bit unimpressed by the video, though. All 9 members of 9M are trying to hit on the same guy! I get it that the guy is super handsome, he is even more handsome than most of the idols (is it just me, or just to match 9M age, that guy is not an idol, since idols age are lower than 9M), but why did you guys hitting the same guy?

And the plot is just..*smirks* 9M, for some reason, are the owner/worker of a petrol station. All of them works there, from the attendant to the mechanic, car washer, drink models (seriously though, why do you guys sit at a petrol station while drinking something so prettily?), bicycle model to the owner of the petrol station, who sits there hugging a cat. And for some reason, that hunk is constantly walks around the petrol station (tawaf?) and smiled to the girls. I don’t think any of the girls scored the guy, and at the end, they play around with a trolley, with fireworks and drinks (lost their mind? Probably rejected by that hunk give a blow to their head..). Whatever happened, I don’t know..

Talking about the video, did you guys notice the signboards in the video?



Ahem, if you can’t read them, let me point it out for you.

For use as a motor fuel only. Contains lead.Washing greasing, steam cleanerMechanic on duty, wheel balncing, tune-up, branke work, pick up and delivery

What does that means? I don’t really know..

Conclusion
Yay for this song. Nine Muses have yet to disappoint me. Lately I have been hearing lots of ballads from Korea, and I’m not a fan of ballads (MYNAME’s Day by Day is good, though). So I’m really happy that now I have a new catchy song for my playlist. I just hope that 9M received more attention, they deserved it.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...