MusicUtopia: Piggy Dolls - Ordinary Girl

Annyeong...

Whew.. It’s been a while. I finally started my semester after TWO MONTH holiday! Let me tell you, the hardest part of starting studying back is SLEEP AND WAKE UP EARLY!!! 2AM is the earliest time I went to bed in these two months and I woke up at 11AM, and now I have to rush about on 7AM to avoid traffic. FFUUUU!! (Seriously though, I rarely cussed/swearing, but now I’m back behind wheels in Shah Alam/Klang, all these words come out through my mouth like tap water)

I’m still working out on reviews on Korean products that I bought. My camera broke down this holiday, and I have to use my phone to take pictures, and for some reason, the pictures are blurry (and it makes me boiling, and wants to swear a LOT more). So, I save them up for later. Let’s talk about the latest song I heard and liked.

The song title is ‘Ordinary Girl’ by Piggy Dolls. Yep, that’s the group name, no jokes.

Overview
Piggy Dolls have been around in K-pop Industries for quite some time, but for some reason, they are not very well known, probably because of the group concept. FYI, Piggy Dolls is a group consisting of 3 beautiful women that are..overweight. Their concept is something like talents are not depending on looks. I’m not saying that they are ugly, but compared to K-pop idols that are usually super slim and super beautiful, Piggy Dolls are less depending on their look. However, their voice is super something, and that is something that is usually lacking from idols.

The original Piggy Dolls when they debuted

They lost some weight on their album promotion.. cuter and still awesome!


However, I was pretty sad when I watch this music video. And that is caused by PIGGY DOLLS HAVE BEEN REPLACED!!! I was wondering why the girls looked so very different since their last MV that I watched, The Girl I Know. It turns out that their company decided to make a complete change of the group, ditched the current members, and get new girls with a slim figure and beautiful face to replace them. And the sadder thing is that Piggy Dolls is usually recognized by their voice, and now when I heard this song, my first feeling is this song is pretty much the same with other idols. There is no difference at all. And the part which I hate the most is the company decided to keep the name ‘Piggy Dolls’, said to continue the legacy of the old Piggy Dolls. WHAT THE? The old Piggy Dolls is great. If your new girls are greater, let them create they own legacy, not piggy back on others success.
The new Piggy Dolls.. There's no difference between them and other idols anymore *sigh*




Video & Song
I guess the video is trying to be creative, instead of showing a story line, or some girls dancing somewhere (in an odd box, for instance), this video showing one of Piggy Dolls members sitting in a cafe, drinking coffee with a guy who supposedly her boyfriend. On the table there are some magazines, and instead of focusing on the people drinking coffee, the focus of the camera is on the magazines, which showing Piggy Dolls members on the covers. I think the concept is cute and quite fresh, since I don’t usually see K-pop MVs that are creative. And there are even storyline that are shown with just several magazines covers. Good job.

However, I have a clash of opinions on this song. I don’t usually like ballads, slow songs. Of course there are some ballad songs in my personal playlist, but they are very, very few, something like 1 in every 100 songs (so consider yourself lucky if your ballads make it through my playlist!). I really like the opening of this song, I think it is a very good slow part, but for some reason I think the chorus is too catchy to be compared to the opening. And I hate it.
It’s like combining 2 songs together, and combining a ballad and a dance song is not a very good idea. If it ballad, make it ballad all the way and if you want a super catchy song, make a super catchy song all the way. Seriously though, who started this trend of combining mismatched songs together? I think I heard it first from SNSD’s ‘I got a boy’ and after that almost ALL SME songs are something like combination of several songs. And for some reason I HATE IT, because a perfectly good song can be ruined, just like this song.

Conclusion

My conclusion is, this song is great, although it mismatch a bit. I even cut the opening part for my message tones (since I hate super catchy bombastic song for messages. It’s only messages, why would you have message tones that can be heard from 500 meters away?). 

And no, I’m not falling out of love, if you’re wondering. I know some people will think I’m heartbroken since all of the sudden I’m listening to ballad, titled Ordinary Girl, which showing a girl thinks she’s too ordinary for the guy and broke up with him since she thinks he better off without her.


Check out Piggy Dolls - Ordinary Girl if you haven't done it yet^^



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...