MakeupWorld: The Face Shop haul!

Annyeong...

Today I got so bored, so VERY bored so I went shopping in KSL Mall, somewhere in the middle of Johor Bahru. What’s the most efficient way to release boredom when you have some $$$? Shopping, of course. Actually I read about The Face Shop is having a sale right now yesterday in Facebook. Etude House is also having a Buy 1 Free 1 sale right now. And I was like ‘OMG!!!!! I-must-simply-buy-everything!!’.

YAY!! A sale!!!! OMG!!!!! I-must-simply-buy-everything!!

And off to KSL Mall I went. The reason is KSL Mall houses both shops and I am too lazy to go to City Square because it is usually overcrowded. KSL Mall is generally cheaper, too. City Square is the southern version of Sunway Pyramid or Queensbay, where there are rows and rows of super expensive shops that sells super expensive things and going there with my little purse with little money will just make me cry. However, I liked Sunway Pyramid a lot even though I just go there to window shopping (and eat some food from the food tasting corner). City Square is somehow becoming a port for ‘swaggers’, which usually consists of a bunch of teens wearing short skirts, super tight shirt, oversized caps and Supra shoes, and they give you stink eyes if you glanced at them. Pshhh...

Alright, enough with the side stories. This is my loots from the shopping haul.



Let’s start with the skin care. I have a super oily skin, and living in Malaysia with the super sunny days does not helping a bit. So, reading some positive reviews on these babies, I decided to test them myself. These are products from The Face Shop skincare line called Clean Face. I got 3 of them, the Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing, the Clean Face Mild Lotion and the Clean Face Oil-Free Control Essence. There are a lot more products from this skincare line but I’m not interested in them, for:
a) I’m running out of money
b) My current Simple toner is really, really good
c) I don’t really have spots to buy the spot corrector (however, I do read some positive reviews       on their spot corrector and cream)

From left: Acne Solution Foam Cleansing, Mild Lotion, Oil-Free Control Essence

Give me some time and I will come up with some reviews on these products.

For makeup, I went ahead and buy these 2 cute products, also from The Face Shop. These are new products of The Face Shop under the FACE it line called FACE it Oil Cut Pore Balm and FACE it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact. I was actually searching for a face primer (I told you I have a super oily skin, the only makeup that I trusted to stay on my face is Revlon’s Colourstay) and the sale assistant told me that the Pore Balm is good to cover up large pores and making makeup stick to your face better, so in other words, can be a replacement for a primer. I know The Face Shop has an awesome primer, named something like Velvet, but I read comments saying that it has shimmering effect, so for me, it’s a big NO. So I bought it, and since The Face Shop has a Buy 1 Free 1 sale on makeup, I get the Powder Pact for FREE!!!

From left: Pore Balm and Powder Pact
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The free sample and the bag tag!! Yay for freebies!!

I also get these two cute things as freebies from The Face Shop. The small pink box (why is Korean makeup products so cute?) is the sample for The Face Shop new products, Smim. It contains a Smim toner and Smim emulsify. The green one is a bag tag (also SUPER KAWAII) promoting The Face Shop new skincare line from Chia Seed.

The Smim sample (gosh, so cute ^W^)


Let’s talk about price here. For me, Korean makeup is just a LITTLE bit pricier compared to drugstore brand that I used to buy (Maybelline, L’Oreal, Revlon etc etc). However, it does depend on whatever product you’re buying. For example, in my observation, eye shadows and blushers are generally cheaper here compared to drugstore products. Powders, foundations and primers are about the same or a little bit more expensive compared to drugstores. However, some Korean products are really, really good and can be compared to high end products such as M.A.C or Lancôme. So, if you’re interested in Korean skincare or makeup, I do recommend searching online for reviews and decided on the products you want to buy.
In my Korean products haul today, I listed the products and the price I bought them. Since I bought them in sale, I’ll be also include the original price (Prices are in Malaysian Ringgit/MYR):


ORIGINAL PRICE
AFTER SALE
Clean Face Acne Solution Foam Cleansing
36.90
25.83
Clean Face Mild Lotion
39.90
27.93
Clean Face Oil-Free Control Essence
39.90
27.93
FACE it Oil Cut Pore Balm
69.90
69.90
FACE it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact
69.90
FREE!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sidenote: Notice that I just buying products from The Face Shop only and earlier I mentioned about Etude House. The thing is I was searching for a face primer called Pore Ever by Etude House. And the annoying sale assistant told me that there is no such product at Etude House, and if I want a primer, I should buy the latest pink primer (I don’t know the name of it) that would net RM80, and because it is a new arrival product, there is NO Buy 1 Free 1 sale. What the f***? Another gentler sale assistant told me that Pore Ever is discontinued and replaced by the pink primer, which is a combination of primer and BB Cream. That’s weird since I read a review on Pore Ever yesterday, and the blogger posted that somewhere in July 2013. I really need to recheck whether it is really discontinued or I have been trolled by some stupid sale assistants.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...